Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

I wear many masks with my depression


I wear many masks with my depression
Its been a tough couple of weeks, I have taken a break from working out to give my foot a little rest.
In the past couple of weeks I have struggled with depression and anxiety due to making a decision to take myself off of all my antidepressant medications. I am concerned what side affects they may be having on my body.


Since these changes I have been making in my life, its been a struggle to be motivated.
Today I forced myself to get back on track again. I went to the store first and picked up some healthy food for the week. Then I took my son James swimming at the req center.
Healthy but costly


Hi Mom




I swam 10 laps back in forth and then did some exercises in the water. I am feeling it now! I plan to go
again tomorrow. I know this will be easier on my foot while I get that figured out.


I do not want to sit home and do nothing. I want to get healthy!!!
Jim told me this last weekend he would like to take our family to Hawaii next year or on a cruse!
Either way I have work to do!  I will get my body ready for lots of fun in the sun!!!
So I changed my Blog page again, this time with pictures of the beaches, just to remind myself to accomplish my goals....


I have dealt with depression for many years and been on so many many many different types of medications to over come/calm/num myself while dealing with this, I don't know what to call it.


I just know that I hate how it effects my self worth. Sometimes I feel like BLAH BLAH BLAH lol


I picked out some pics to give you an idea of what depression sometimes feels like to me...


Sometimes I feel confused not sure how I describe that feeling


Others will mention at times I seem insecure or depressed

Sometimes I feel like I stand out in a crowd mostly alone

I do try and find ways to deal with the depression so it will not affect my family...
This is why I am trying to get healthy I am hoping to change all of this in a good way...

I am thankful for all the many wonderful friends and family who have shown so much love and support!!! I love you all!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Depression is a beast of a stupid monster. I don't know if you remember me from High School but I saw your post on FB and I've checked your blog out a few times. Congrats on working to get healthy. Hard process. So many tough ones in life. Congrats for staying the course even when you're ankle pooped on you.
    I've fought, succumb, ignored, medicated and accepted depression in my life for several years. I take myself off my meds and then put myself back on only to think it's time to go off again. I've read about people who have been able to solve their depression by means other than medication. I think that's wonderful. I've also read about people who absolutely have to have the medication. While I wish that no one needed to work with depression. I think it's wonderful that people have found a method that works for them.
    Find what works for you. You're changing up a lot in your life. I've found for me I have to do things a step at a time or I end up overwhelming myself (which leads to more depression problems) and I quit. I don't know what works best for you. I know some people like the whole deal at once.
    Listen to your internal voice. Not the stupid voice that yells at you and says you're worthless but the voice that speaks gently and kindly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeShel Thank you so much for your support :) I am truly sorry you have dealt with the same issues on depression. I want you to know that I am there for you if you ever need to talk or just need someone to listen. I have been on that very same yo yo for years! on and off the meds on and off the meds! this time I want to be off the meds for good. I do agree there is some out there that really need these meds to help them cope and live with depression. I just feel like these med num us and take our feelings away also I feel like they change who we really are. I plan to research and try new ways to cope. Hopefully I can find a solution to help with the depression without the meds :) Big Hugs LeShel thank you for being so supportive and remember always you are Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Mindy, I was hoping you hadn't given up on the blog, or your fitness goals. So what's the story with your foot? If you ever said, I missed it...

    I'm sorry to hear you have depression on top of your other trials. I've never been formally diagnosed myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if I had it too, and it truly is (if you'll pardon the language) a bitch. As always, good luck, kid...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jason, I met with the dr a little over a week ago. he said I may need to have surgery on my foot due to a silly bunion that has been putting stress on my tendant... Silly right lol. I have found allot of people are struggling with depression and its so easy for the dr's to prescribe meds to numb our emotions. I do realize there are so many who are needing the meds because of how strong there sickness is. I just feel I have been on them for way too long and need to find me again! I had a tough day today and almost did not make it to the req center. My son James is such an amazing young man who loves his mom so much that he would not let me stay home today. I had so much fun I am so happy I decided to listen to James :) you are the best!!! Big Hugs!!! I hope you do not struggle with depression but if you do just know I am always there for you! Thank you always Jason!!!

    ReplyDelete